A Meditation for Aspirants
I shall now be very practical. I speak for the being on the Probationary Path, who has an intellectual grasp of what has to be accomplished. Along this part of the Path, there is some 'local' realization as to 'place' in the evolution of LIFE and as to the work to be done, if some day to pass through the portal of Initiation.
Let the following be used to stabilize and bind a solid foundation:
• Each day seek a quiet spot wherein we can be free from interference and interruption. If wise, we will always seek the same spot, for we will there build up a shell around it that will serve as a protection and make the desired higher contact more easy. The matter of that spot, the matter of what might be termed the surrounding space, becomes then attuned to a certain vibration. Being resonant with our 'highest vibration' and empowered through consecutive application, this spot becomes a local place of power which makes it easier each time to start at the highest and so eliminate a long preliminary keying up.
• Become aligned, composed, into a position in which we can be unconscious of what we call our physicality. No hard and fast rules can be laid down as to this alignment as the physical vehicle itself has to be considered, – it may be handicapped in some way, stiff or crippled. Ease of posture is to be aimed at, coupled with alertness and attention. Slothfulness and laxness lead nowhere. The position most suitable for the average is cross-legged, upon the ground, sitting against something that affords support to the spine. In intensest meditation or when the aspirant is very proficient and the centers rapidly awakening (perhaps even the inner fire pulsating at the base of the spine) the back should be erect without support. The head should not be thrown back as tension is to be avoided, but it should be held level, or with the chin slightly dropped. When this is done, that tenseness that is the characteristic of so many will be gone and the lower vehicle will be relaxed. The eyes, in the beginning, may be lightly closed and the hands folded in the lap in whatever way seems natural.
• In regard to breath, take note that breathing is regular, steady and uniform. Should this be so, relax the whole, holding the mind positive and the physical vehicle supple and responsive.
• Then, visualize the 'three bodies' (mental, emotional. physical), each of these three alight and afire, radiant and transcendent with brilliant golden turquoise luminosity. A rainbow of colors dance along the surface of this triplicity: sapphire blue, golden yellow, beautiful pink, luminous white, emerald green, ruby, violet.
Settling Awareness into the heart center, clarify the reality of light, expanding and pervasive in all directions, in all dimensions. In so doing, deliberately realize, in this moment, the nature of Consciousness, the lower aspect of Deity seeking alignment with the higher.
• Then, three times intone the Sacred Word (AUM), breathing it forth gently the first time and thereby affecting the mental vehicle; more loudly the second time, thereby stabilizing the emotional vehicle; and in a still louder tone the final time, acting then upon the physical vehicle.
The effect upon each body will be threefold. If correctly sounded within the timeless chamber of the heart:
On Mental Levels:
The contacting of the head center, causing it to vibrate. The stilling of the lower mind. Linking up with the Ego to a more or less degree, but always to some extent through the permanent atom. The driving out of coarse particles and the building in of finer.
On Emotional Levels:
The definite stabilization of the emotional body through the permanent atom, and the contacting and setting in motion of the heart center.
The driving out of coarse matter and the rendering of the emotional or desire body more colorless, so that it will be a true reflector of the higher.
It causes a sudden rush of feeling from the atomic levels of the emotional plane to the intuitional plane, via the atomic channel that exists between the two. It sweeps upward and clarifies this channel.
On the Physical Planes:
Here the effect is very similar, but the primary effect is on the etheric body; it stimulates the 'divine flow.' It passes beyond the periphery of the body and creates a shell that serves as a protection. It drives away discordant factors in the near environment.
With this as a basic guideline make each instance rhythmic and dynamic. Keep the duration short (5-20min), be consistent and regular.